Filmworld
Tom Holland: Spider-Man row most stressful time of my life
Los Angeles, Oct 15
Actor Tom Holland says the period of feud between Disney and Sony Pictures over Spider-Man, was the most stressful time of his life.
The 23-year-old actor opened up about the feud during an appearance at ACE Comic Con Midwest in Chicago on Sunday.
Asked when he had been most stressed, Holland said: "Well, maybe the whole Disney/Sony thing when that happened, that was a bit of a stressful week. I'm sure there's some contractual obliged where I can't say anything about anything, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut."
Last month, it was announced that Holland's Spider-Man will not be leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Sony Pictures and Marvel struck a deal for one more movie.
The two companies announced that Marvel Studios and its president, Kevin Feige, will produce the third film in the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" series. It will once again feature Holland as the web slinging hero. The new film even has a release date -- July 16, 2021.
As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.
In celebration Holland posted an Instagram clip of Leonardo DiCaprio from film "The Wolf Of Wall Street".
In the clip, DiCaprio's character says "You know what? I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving. I'm not f***ing leaving!", with the group of men surrounding him celebrating the moment wildly.
Holland used the clip to express his emotions, without any words. He captioned it with a smirking emoji.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Holland he used his role as Nathan Drake in Sony's new film as leverage to persuade the pair to strike a bargain.
According to sources, the actor made several appeals to Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger and Sony film chairman Tom Rothman to make a deal.
Holland was introduced as Spider Man in "Captain America: Civil War" in 2016. Iron Man's popularity was used to bring back the "Spider Man" franchise. Holland got his first solo movie with "Spider Man: Homecoming" -- which took the superhero back to school. He came back as the superhero with his second solo movie "Spider Man: Far From Home" this year.
The 23-year-old actor opened up about the feud during an appearance at ACE Comic Con Midwest in Chicago on Sunday.
Asked when he had been most stressed, Holland said: "Well, maybe the whole Disney/Sony thing when that happened, that was a bit of a stressful week. I'm sure there's some contractual obliged where I can't say anything about anything, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut."
Last month, it was announced that Holland's Spider-Man will not be leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Sony Pictures and Marvel struck a deal for one more movie.
The two companies announced that Marvel Studios and its president, Kevin Feige, will produce the third film in the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" series. It will once again feature Holland as the web slinging hero. The new film even has a release date -- July 16, 2021.
As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.
In celebration Holland posted an Instagram clip of Leonardo DiCaprio from film "The Wolf Of Wall Street".
In the clip, DiCaprio's character says "You know what? I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving. I'm not f***ing leaving!", with the group of men surrounding him celebrating the moment wildly.
Holland used the clip to express his emotions, without any words. He captioned it with a smirking emoji.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Holland he used his role as Nathan Drake in Sony's new film as leverage to persuade the pair to strike a bargain.
According to sources, the actor made several appeals to Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger and Sony film chairman Tom Rothman to make a deal.
Holland was introduced as Spider Man in "Captain America: Civil War" in 2016. Iron Man's popularity was used to bring back the "Spider Man" franchise. Holland got his first solo movie with "Spider Man: Homecoming" -- which took the superhero back to school. He came back as the superhero with his second solo movie "Spider Man: Far From Home" this year.
4 hours ago
Trump says Venezuela airspace should be considered 'closed in its entirely'
8 hours ago
Air crisis: Aviation experts react as 6,000 Airbus A320 jets grounded for software update
10 hours ago
Ashwini Vaishnaw flags off Swarnanagari Express, connecting Jaisalmer to Delhi
11 hours ago
Badshah creates 'OG moment' with Raveena Tandon as the two groove on 'Kar Gayi Chull'
11 hours ago
Kunal Kemmu says 'Never Doubt your potential' as he flaunts his chiseled abs in a mirror selfie
11 hours ago
Suresh Krissna tells Rajinikanth: I’d want to be reborn as a director and hopefully direct another 'Annamalai', 'Baba', 'Baasha'
11 hours ago
Harshvardhan Rane takes 10-Day nature break after 38 days of planning
11 hours ago
Vijay Varma receives a special gift from Gulzar that left him feeling surreal
11 hours ago
Sydney Sweeney is handling fame 'incredibly well', says ‘Christy’ co-star Ben Foster
11 hours ago
NIA custody of Anmol Bishnoi extended by 7 days
11 hours ago
Kerala LoP Satheesan accuses CPI(M) of shielding criminals, defends Cong stand in Rahul MLA case
11 hours ago
No differences between us, we will work jointly for 2028 Assembly polls: K'taka CM, Dy CM declare unity
11 hours ago
Kerala HC to view Malayalam Film 'Haal' before deciding on certification appeal
