Recommendations for Paper Filings to Avoid Scanning Delays
As we move toward an increasing electronic environment, we now scan and upload many documents into electronic database systems. To avoid delays and improve scanning efficiency, we recommend that you do not:
- Hole punch, staple, paper clip, binder clip, or otherwise attach documents to one another.
- Include photos or documents smaller than 4x6 inches for evidentiary purposes. Provide photocopies of these items instead. The only exception is when we request a passport photo with the filing.
- Include anything that contains electronic chips and batteries (such as musical greeting cards) or any non-paper materials such as cassette tapes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, toys, action figures, or thumb drives. We will not accept these types of materials. However, we will accept photographs or photocopies of these items.
- Submit forms or evidence documents bound with a binding or spiral wire/plastic.
- Submit evidence using photo albums, scrapbooks, binders, or greeting cards.
- Fold documents.
- Place sticky notes on documents.
- Use insertable tab dividers.
- Print forms on colored paper.
- Submit more than one copy of the same document or evidence unless required by the form instructions or regulations. If you are required to submit a copy of a complete prior application, petition, or request, clearly mark it as a “COPY” at the top of each page to ensure it is processed as intended.
- Send original documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, driver’s licenses, passports, naturalization certificates, except when:
- Required by the form instructions for the application, petition, or request you are filing; or
- We specifically issue a request for you to submit an original document.
Avoiding these activities will improve our efficiency as we process your application, petition, or request.
7 hours agoRahul Gandhi’s visit a grand success; His vision for an India based on values and not hatred attracts the people everywhere
7 hours agoDuplicate Malabar Gold & Diamonds showroom in Pakistan shutdown by authorities
11 hours agoOdisha train tragedy: Loco pilots of Coromandel Express alive, under treatment
11 hours agoReliance Foundation announces 10-point relief measures for Odisha train accident victims
11 hours ago'I'm against slaughter of animals', says K'taka minister
11 hours agoCar drivers hack tollgate staff to death on Mysuru-Bengaluru Expressway
11 hours agoMenstrual cups reduce generation of non-biodegradable waste by 99%: Study
11 hours agoAdditional Commissioner of Income Tax, Ahmedabad, held in PMLA case
11 hours agoProtests in TN over likely release of rogue elephant Arikomban
11 hours agoTouts spoil tourist areas, action must be taken against them: Goa Tourism Minister
11 hours agoPan-India online cheating gang busted, dubious loan app scam worth crores exposed
11 hours ago4 have miraculous escape as Mumbai Metro pillar rod pierces through car roof
11 hours agoAkshay Kumar greeted with loud cheers in Delhi's Jama Masjid area