Hyderabad, Nov 27
In a tragic incident in Telangana's Warangal town, an eight-year-old boy died after choking on a chocolate his father brought him from abroad.
The chocolate stuck in Sandeep Singh's throat. He was rushed to MGM Hospital, where he succumbed.
According to police, tragedy struck the family of Kanghan Singh, who runs an electrical shop in the town.
Kanghan Singh, a native of Rajasthan, had migrated to Warangal about 20 years ago and had been living with his family and four children.
On his return from a trip to Australia, Kanghan Singh had brought chocolates for his children. Sandeep took a few chocolates to his school on Saturday. The second class student put a chocolate in his mouth but it got stuck in his throat. He collapsed in the class and was gasping for breath. The teacher alerted school authorities, who rushed him to government-run MGH Hospital.
Sandeep died of suffocation even as doctors tried to save him.
23 seconds agoBRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
1 minute agoPM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
2 minutes agoThree held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
3 minutes agoPrez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time
4 minutes agoSitharaman to present economic survey for 2022-23 in Parliament today
4 minutes ago2020 Delhi riots: Court acquits nine accused
5 minutes agoFire breaks out at Amara Raja plant in Andhra Pradesh
11 hours ago59 killed in suicide blast in Peshawar mosque, PM, Army chief reach city
19 hours agoWith leaders in Srinagar, Cong skips all-party meet
20 hours agoPriority on working classes in upcoming budget: K'taka CM Bommai
20 hours agoPM Modi likely to visit Mumbai on Feb 10
20 hours ago'Waste of Supreme Court's precious time': Rijiju on pleas against ban on BBC documentary
20 hours agoJubin Nautiyal says his new song with Payal Dev is special as it's animated