America
Indian-origin man in UK jailed for 'indecent exposure' in front of woman
London, Jan 4
A 43-year-old Indian-origin man has been sentenced to nine months in prison for performing a sex act in front of a lone woman onboard a London Underground train, leaving the victim "frightened" and "upset".
Mukesh Shah, a resident of Primrose Way in Wembley, was found guilty of indecent exposure at London Inner Crown Court last month, the British Transport Police (BTP) said on Tuesday.
“Shah’s disgusting actions have not only secured him time behind bars, but restrictions following his release prevent him from repeating his actions in the future," Investigating Oofficer, Detective Constable Mark Luker, said.
Shah was also ordered to sign the sex offenders register for 10 years and subjected to a 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
The court heard that on November 4, 2022, that at around 11.40 p.m., the victim was travelling alone in an empty Piccadilly Line carriage between Sudbury Town and Acton Town when Shah boarded the train.
Despite the empty carriage, Shah sat diagonally opposite the victim and she noticed him staring at her, making her feel uncomfortable.
"It was then that she noticed he was exposing himself and masturbating," the transport police said, adding that the victim "bravely" captured Shah on camera hoping it would deter him.
But when it didn't, she confronted Shah and told him to stop and move away from her.
He protested he hadn’t done anything wrong but moved along the carriage.
The victim reported the incident to the BTP along with the video, which was circulated within the police and led to the identification of Shah.
“This was a frightening and upsetting experience for the victim and I commend her bravery in confronting the offender, managing to capture an image of Shah and reporting this," Luker said in a statement.
“We will always take reports of sexual offences seriously and will do everything in our power to bring offenders to justice. I urge anyone who sees or experiences this behaviour to report it to British Transport Police," the police official added.
#
27 minutes ago
Govt orders WhatsApp, Telegram, other apps to block access without active SIM
27 minutes ago
N. Korean hacking group Lazarus behind 31 attacks over past year
28 minutes ago
ChrysCapital doubles down on India’s growth story, raises record $2.2 billion fund
29 minutes ago
Ayurveda offers personalised approach to tackle obesity, metabolic disorders: Ayush Minister
29 minutes ago
Chennai on high alert for health cases as Cyclone Ditwah triggers heavy downpour
30 minutes ago
Indian scientists find genetic clues to tackle oral cancer among women
32 minutes ago
World AIDS Day: HIV infections down 49 pc, deaths reduced by over 81 pc in India
54 minutes ago
India U17s unfazed in the face of Goliath task against IR Iran
55 minutes ago
Kiren Rijiju shares 'special joy' meeting Double-Olympics medallist Manu Bhaker
56 minutes ago
Inter Miami CF lift Eastern Conference trophy, advance to MLS Cup for the first time
57 minutes ago
Flamengo beat Palmeiras to win fourth Libertadores title
58 minutes ago
SMAT: Abhishek Sharma blasts 12-ball fifty en route to 32-ball century against Bengal
59 minutes ago
1st ODI: Pant misses, Ruturaj comes in cut as South Africa opt to bowl first against India
