U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is extending certain COVID-19-related flexibilities through Oct. 23, 2022, to assist applicants, petitioners, and requestors. Under these flexibilities, USCIS considers a response received within 60 calendar days after the due date set forth in the following requests or notices before taking any action, if the request or notice was issued between March 1, 2020, and Oct. 23, 2022, inclusive:
Requests for Evidence;
- Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny;
- Notices of Intent to Revoke;
- Notices of Intent to Rescind;
- Notices of Intent to Terminate regional centers;
- Notices of Intent to Withdraw Temporary Protected Status; and
- Motions to Reopen an N-400 Pursuant to 8 CFR 335.5, Receipt of Derogatory Information After Grant.
In addition, USCIS will consider a Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion, or a Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA), if:
- The form was filed up to 90 calendar days from the issuance of a decision we made; and
- We made that decision between Nov. 1, 2021, and Oct. 23, 2022, inclusive.
In an effort to take the lessons learned from our pandemic posture, USCIS has been evaluating which flexibilities can and should be extended permanently. As a result of this evaluation, the reproduced signature flexibility announced in March, 2020, will become permanent policy on July 25, 2022.
Please visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for USCIS updates.
1 hour agoPM urges people to share ideas for 'Mann ki Baat'
1 hour agoTerrorists escape after exchange of gunfire in J&K's Shopian
1 hour agoChocolates worth Rs 17L stolen from Lucknow godown
1 hour agoKC Venugopal questioned by CBI in solar scam sexual exploitation case
1 hour agoBJP prepares strategy for party's statewide expansion in Bihar
1 hour agoWoman kills two daughter, hangs self
1 hour agoChidambaram slams Guj govt on Bilkis Bano case convicts' remission
1 hour agoPrior to Nitish Kumar, Bihar CM's residence used for giving shelters to criminals: Jitan Ram Manjhi
1 hour agoOdisha police seize 5 firearms, nabs 1
1 hour agoCaste system remains greatest enemy, Meira Kumar on Rajasthan incident
1 hour agoMridula Oberoi left a banking career to pursue her acting dreams
1 hour agoAnurag Kashyap posts happy pic with ex-wives Aarti Bajaj, Kalki Koechlin
1 hour agoDrashti Dhami reveals what made her say yes to 'Duranga'